As a courtesy to me and the universe, please speak to me before you copy or transcribe anything from this blog for profit- my work may be unpublished but it is of value to me, and if you are using my ideas to profit, hey, I want my cut of it!

Friday, June 5, 2009

New beginnings

I finally moved into my new home. New to me, as it is still older than me but younger than my previous home. Its been a long six weeks and on Tuesday, I was playing "bingo" with the movers as they efficiently moved my stuff into my place and as I crossed off the various articles had in storage for what seemed like ages.

Let's say I have more stuff than I thought I had. And my living room here is a lot smaller than my old place so I am scrambling to find a new home for a lot of my stuff. I see lots of rearranging in the near future. I have been a little overwhelmed at all the unpacking and organizing- as those of you who know me know that I am not an organized person and I don't really care for the minutae of organising. Still, it has got to be done.

I did end up giving up the master bedroom for a den/office/art studio. My bedtoom is small and functional but the den has my large desk, a matching cabinet/buffet combo and a round table for art creation. And best of all, two giganto closets for all the stuff. And maybe I might move in a couple of tall shelves for the stamps. It does overlook the backyard, which isn't as spacious as the previous place. But I do have two lovely flowering dogwood trees and a birch tree so the view isn't so bad, except at night when I have the lovely neighbours flourescent back alley light cast an eerie glow to the leaves and branches of the trees. I want to get to my art but am forcing myself to unpack so I don't have any unopened boxes like from the previous move.

There will definitely be more art to share in the next little while. I created an ATC for my friend Susie, who is needing some "grace" in her life and I want to start an art collaboration with my friends, where I send them two stamped images and see what we can come up with using the same image but everything else our own. Another project I want to start would be "Your Inner Muse", and again, I want to involve friends I craft with and we all create what we would imagine their muse would look like based on what we know of our friends.

5 comments:

Susie Dally said...

Picked the "big" room for the studio! Good going, sister! I WAS thinking "grace" would be a good theme-and here you are! I was a little embarrassed at the number of my moving boxes that said "craft room", But what is a girl to do?!?!

Nancy said...

I'm so happy to see you posting again. So nice to be in your own home again, eh :)

I can hardly wait to see some photos :)

I added a couple of pics of our new porch on my blog if you would like to look :)

Deb M. said...

I'm so excited to hear you talk about your move. Hope you get all those boxes emptied and sort out all your goodies. Breathe in a sigh of relief - You're HOME.
Sending you hugs!
Deb

Roxanne said...

inner muse, eh? interesting!

Jan said...

You go girl! Very glad to hear you devoted the large room for creating your ART. Blessings on you and us.

Welcome home, lady!
Enjoy making it YOURS.....no rush

Keep Smiling